Follow the steps below to send email using your Gmail Account.
2) On the left hand menu press the "Security Tab". Verify that 2-Step Verification is turned on. By default, this should be turned on.
3) Click on the App passwords
4) Google will ask you to verify your password, and to log-in again to your Google account.
5) Press Select App --> Other (Custom name)
6) Enter any name for the App, then click the "Generate" button.
7) A window will popup with the Generated Password. Use the password in the yellow box, for your email settings in pcInformant.
8) Open up pcInformant. In the main toolbar, click Settings --> Application Settings
9) Click on the Report Delivery Settings tab.
- Make sure "Enable Email Delivery" is checked.
- Make sure "Gmail" is selected under Email Templates.
- Enter in your Gmail address under Email Address.
- Put in your User Name. (ie: if your gmail is firstname.lastname@example.org, your username is theuser
- IMPORTANT: In the Password textbox, enter in the Generated App Password from Google highlighted in the yellow box. Enter in the password that Google generated for you. Like the example below. Passwords are case sensitive and must include spaces.
6.Lastly, press the Validate Email button to see if it works!
7. Press Save and Close